Friday, July 21, 2017

Review: Unlikely Magic: A Cinderella Retelling

Unlikely Magic: A Cinderella Retelling Unlikely Magic: A Cinderella Retelling by Lena Mae Hill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Synopsis:


Devastated by her father’s sudden death, Stella barely protests being shipped off to live in a secluded forest encampment with the mother she never knew. Upon arrival, things go from bad to downright creepy. Everyone in the cultish community stares at her like she’s a mutant, including the two sisters her father failed to mention in her fourteen years, and her mother promptly locks her in the attic. Her only companions are a mouse and fantasies of befriending her own sisters. 

Desperately lonely, Stella watches from the window as her family leaves for a night each month to attend mysterious “lunar meetings.” While they are gone to one of these meetings, Stella escapes the attic, only to discover why her mother has kept her locked up her since her arrival—the entire community is made up of werewolves. Intensely protective of their privacy, they would do anything to keep their secret from outsiders…outsiders like Stella. Once she knows their secret, she must fight for her freedom...and her life.

My Thoughts:



This book drew me in from the beginning. I liked the twins and even Zora but I really disliked their mother. Why would she treat one twin differently from the other? The ending was very unexpected and left me with more questions than answers. I hope book 2 will clear up some of those question. I am definitely intrigued.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment