Friday, July 28, 2017

Review: Everflame

Everflame Everflame by Dylan Lee Peters
My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Synopsis:

Long ago, when the earth was young. . . Four ancient beings created man to be the bastion of the earth and its creatures. But when The Great Tyrant came and chased The Ancients away, the world was transformed into a place of fear and isolation. Over time humans lost the connection they had with a world they had been created to protect. Now, deep in the forests that surround Gray Mountain, two bears find a small child that is abandoned and left for dead. They name him Evercloud, and raise him as a member of their kingdom. Teaching him the secrets of the elders, they tell him of the ancient beings that created man and the rumors of their return. Evercloud must now go on a quest to return The Ancients to power. However, in another corner of the land, a man known only as The Messenger travels the land under a white hood, on a mission to prevent the return of The Ancients. We follow the paths each of these men take until their stories collide in an epic battle of good versus evil.

My Thoughts:



I had a hard time with this book. I found myself confused at first. It was hard to tell if I was really reading about bears or bear shifters or what the author was talking about. The bears acted so human and apparently talk as well. The bears were complaining about their relationship with humans and how humans were afraid of them so I kind of assumed that their language was different. However, later in the book the bears were talking and the humans were understanding them. That made me question the whole thing even more. If they were so concerned about their relationship with humans why did they never attempt to talk to them? They obviously could have had conversations with them. Then you throw in ancient beings and I just found it hard to immerse myself a world I couldn't relate to or understand. I don't think I will be continuing the series. The idea had merit but the execution didn't live up to it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment