Friday, July 14, 2017

Review: Them Bones

Them Bones Them Bones by Carolyn Haines
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

No self-respecting lady would allow herself to end up in Sarah Booth's situation. Unwed, unemployed, and over thirty, she's flat broke and about to lose the family plantation. Not to mention being haunted by the ghost of her great-great-grandmother's nanny, who never misses an opportunity to remind her of her sorry state--or to suggest a plan of action, like ransoming her friend's prize pooch to raise some cash.

But soon Sarah Booth's walk on the criminal side leads her deeper into unladylike territory, and she's hired to solve a murder. Did gorgeous, landed Hamilton Garrett V really kill his mother twenty years ago? And if so, what is Sarah Booth doing falling for this possible murderer? When she asks one too many questions and a new corpse turns up, she is suddenly a suspect herself...and Sarah Booth finds that digging up the bones of the past could leave her rolling over in her grave.
 

My Thoughts:


So first I want to say that I only read this book because of the cover. I was looking for a book with teeth on for a Goodreads challenge and I came across this. Not only did it have teeth but the cover intrigued me. Jitty was great! I loved her attitude and ideas. She is a hoot! The mystery wasn't too easy to figure out because, face it, there were a lot of secrets to go around. The thing that did bother me was the two name thing. I mean, seriously, do you really need to call her Sarah Booth every time? Why not just have people call her Sarah?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment