Sunday, April 29, 2018

Review: Magic Eclipse

Magic Eclipse Magic Eclipse by Ella Summers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

They were lovers. Now they’re enemies. 

A magic shock wave cuts across the world—fracturing reality, leaving only a dark Shadow World in its place. 

Former monster-hunting mercenary mage Sera Dering is fighting for her right to exist. Labeled as an abomination, she’s caught in a supernatural war that has been raging for centuries between her kind and the Magic Council’s Crusaders. But when people from both sides begin to go missing, Sera has to team up with Kai Drachenburg, the Crusaders’ commander. She soon discovers that the mysterious fog rolling across San Francisco is only half as dangerous as the sexy, powerful dragon-shifting mage who brings out memories in her of a forgotten world. 

As the commander of the Crusaders’ North American army and a member of one of the world’s oldest magic dynasties, it is Kai’s sworn duty to hate Sera. But as they work together to fight the magic fog plaguing the city, he finds himself drawn to her in ways he cannot understand. Their new alliance is tested, however, when they begin to realize that someone close to them is behind the dark spell—and that the fog is more than it seems.


My Thoughts:

Cover/Title: It is no secret that I love books with magic in them so it was a no-brainer when I saw this book.

Characters: I loved the characters in this book. I loved how snarky and sarcastic that Sera is. Kai is just as interesting and is perfect for Sera. The commandos are fun as well. I loved the fun banter throughout the book from these characters.

Plot: Sera and Kai are engaged and she is trying on wedding dresses. Then everything changes in an instant. From lovers to enemies and none of them have any memories of the life they just lost.

Overall: I loved this book. I loved the peek at their lives before they were all torn apart. Poor Kai and Sera being put on opposites sides of a war when they were lovers previously. I love how they were instinctively drawn to one another despite what this new world wanted them to believe. I can't wait to read book 2 to see what happens next. Will they be able to return to their previous lives or will this new reality be it for them?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment