Monday, April 16, 2018

Review: Roses of May

Roses of May Roses of May by Dot Hutchison
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis: 

Four months after the explosion at the Garden, a place where young women known as the Butterflies were kept captive, FBI agents Brandon Eddison, Victor Hanoverian, and Mercedes Ramirez are still entrenched in the aftermath, helping survivors in the process of adjusting to life on the outside. With winter coming to an end, the Butterflies have longer, warmer days of healing ahead. But for the agents, the impending thaw means one gruesome thing: a chilling guarantee that somewhere in the country, another young woman will turn up dead in a church with her throat slit and her body surrounded by flowers.

Priya Sravasti’s sister fell victim to the killer years ago. Now she and her mother move every few months, hoping for a new beginning. But when she ends up in the madman’s crosshairs, the hunt takes on new urgency. Only with Priya’s help can the killer be found—but will her desperate hope for closure compel her to put her very life on the line?

My Thoughts:

Cover/Title: Although the cover does fit the story, I probably wouldn't have read this book if I hadn't read book 1 already.

Characters: I loved that Priya and her mom are such strong women. Priya fits right in with Bliss & Inara from book 1.

Plot: Priya lost her sister to a serial killer years ago. Then her father committed suicide on her birthday. She doesn't smile much but goes about her day without much fuss. She starts getting the flower deliveries again and this time she thinks that maybe she was wrong about them being from a harmless admirer. With the Quantico Three and a couple of the Butterfly girls, Priya stands strong as she tries to figure out who killed her sister and hopefully save her own life.

Overall: This is the second book I have read by this author and I am now a fan. I love the writing style and the story pull me in completely. I am looking forward to reading more of her work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment