Thursday, April 26, 2018

Review: Gertie's Paranormal Plantation

Gertie's Paranormal Plantation Gertie's Paranormal Plantation by Melanie James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

A Laugh Till It Hurts Literal Leigh Romance Diaries Spin-off 
Everyone’s favorite witch, Gertie O’Leary, is back! And she has a story of her own to tell. 
“One thing I’ve learned about running a shelter for paranormal creatures, you can’t afford to let your guard down. It all started when I welcomed an enchanting new guest to my plantation. Strange things started to happen. Well, more strange than usual. I was caught off guard by some conflicting feelings and it spurred me on to get Brad, the love of my life, committed. To moving in with me, that is. In any case, I was willing to do whatever it took: love spells, black magic, and something so naughty I’d rather not mention it here. Nothing worked out quite the way I planned and I ended up having to go to hell and back just to save my own self! If it wasn’t for Marie Laveau and the rest of my friends, I wouldn’t be able to share this tale with you in my memoir, Gertie’s Paranormal Plantation.” 

My Thoughts:

Cover/Title: The cover & title are as fun as the book itself. Paranormal doesn't even begin to explain her plantation.

Characters: This is an interesting bunch of characters. They are funny, lovable and downright crazy but it works.

Plot: Gertie wants to move her relationship with her boyfriend, Brad, forward. She is tired of the long distance relationship. She decides to help the relationship out with a tiny little spell. Sometimes, the best of intentions can lead us down a different path than we expect.

Overall: I enjoyed this fun story. If you are looking for a fun and easy read, then this will definitely do the trick. I will probably read more of this series at some point.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment