Monday, April 2, 2018

Review: A Witchy Business

A Witchy Business A Witchy Business by D.S. Butler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

The small town of Abbott Cove holds a secret… 
It’s home to the Grant family of witches! 
Harper Grant is happy working at Archie’s Diner as she tries her best to avoid the attentions of the town’s gossips. 
However, when a body turns up during Abbott Cove’s annual festival, she begins to understand her family isn’t the only one hiding secrets. 
With the help of the new swoon-worthy police officer, Joe McGrady, Harper finds herself on the trail of the perpetrator. Will Harper uncover the killer’s identity before it’s too late? 

A Witchy Business is the first book in the Harper Grant Mystery series




My Thoughts:

Cover/Title: Catchy covers and titles like these are what really catches my attention. I was drawn in quickly by both.

Characters: I loved how driven Harper was. She was determined to solve the murder.

Plot: Harper is a witch that can see and talk to ghosts. When one of the townspeople is murdered, she is determined to solve the mystery and help the ghost cross over.

Overall: I loved this charming little mystery. Cozy mysteries are one of my favorite genres and this author threw in another favorite genre (paranormal). Add some witches and some ghosts and I am a happy reader. I will definitely be reading more of this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment