Monday, November 6, 2017

Review: The Witching on the Wall

The Witching on the Wall The Witching on the Wall by Constance Barker
My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

The Seven Caves tourist attraction has been a safe haven for 20 year old Bailey Robinson, that is until murder strikes a failing movie star in one of the Caves. The celebrity grew up in the town near the Seven Caves and was about to reveal the secret writings on their walls. But something murderous lurks within the Caves and Bailey is about to discover that she is one part of that secret. 

Find out what happens as Bailey and her friends, Avery and Piper, discover that even a small town has a treasure trove of secrets, and some of them are magical, while others are sinister.



My Thoughts:


This book definitely had potential. Unfortunately, it just didn't live up to it. The characters have no real depth. I felt no connection to them. The mystery was a bit obvious. There really wasn't much doubt in my mind about who was guilty. Overall, the book seemed a bit rushed and didn't allow the reader to know the characters enough to care about what was happening to them. It was also very short and needed to be longer. I already own the next book but I don't think I will be in a hurry to read it. This book was ok but I feel it could have been so much better. The cover was pretty though and what really made me pick up the book in the first place.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment