Thursday, April 26, 2018

Review: Case of the Strawberry Cream Stabbing

Case of the Strawberry Cream Stabbing Case of the Strawberry Cream Stabbing by Jessica Lansberry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

After losing her husband, Beatrice thought her days of adventure were over, but then she meets a handsome debonair man who turns out to be a conman and murdered days later. Armed with her two quirky best friends and a sarcastic handsome police detective, Beatrice must solve the murder mystery before the crime gets too close for comfort!

Case of the Strawberry Cream Stabbing is the first of these cozy mysteries new releases.

There are absolutely no sex, gore, curse words or cliffhangers in these murder mystery books. This is an easy read about a retired school teacher and amateur sleuth who lives in a retirement community filled with colorful personalities.

If you like cats and wise-cracking parrots, you'll enjoy these cozy mysteries for kindle. Although this book is part of a cozy mystery series, it can be read as a standalone book.
 

My Thought:

Cover/Title: I love murder mysteries that have something to do with food. It makes me smile. Of course, that may have something to do with my husband. I love when he asks what I am reading and I give him a title like this. The look on his face is priceless and I can't help but grin sweetly at him. He actually told me once that he wasn't going to eat any dessert I made for him ever again. LOL!

Characters: I like how doggedly determined Beatrice is to help her friend. Her other friends are kinda ditsy though.

Plot: Beatrice goes all out for her date and is quite peeved when he stands her up. With her friends in tow, she is off to give him a piece of her mind. Unfortunately, she never gets the chance. It seems that somebody else had a problem with her wayward date. She is off to solve the mystery.

Overall: The characters are ok. The book is perfect for when you want a quick little cozy mystery. Will I read more of the series? I probably won't go out of my way to grab one but if it fits a Goodreads challenge, I know I can't go wrong with something by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment