Saturday, April 7, 2018

Review: Ink Witch

Ink Witch Ink Witch by Lindsey Fairleigh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

A whole new series from the world of the Echo Trilogy. 

Three years ago, the gods abandoned us. We've been alone ever since. 

Kat Dubois is immortal, and she’s retired. She’s long since hung up her sword and left assassinating immortals to someone else...anyone else. She’s now a hard drinking, sass-flinging Seattle tattoo artist with the innate ability to read people’s fortunes using her charmed deck of tarot cards. Her days of bloodshed are over, and she has nothing but time--an eternity, in fact--to hide from her past. 

Until someone from her past shows up on her doorstep with news that her beloved older brother and mentor, Dominic, has gone missing. Kat may be the only person with the right skills--and access to the right magic--to track him down. She must confront her past if she’s to have any chance of finding and saving her brother. She must fight her demons. She must embrace the power within her. 

She must become the Ink Witch. 

MORE BOOKS IN THE ECHO WORLD: 

ECHO TRILOGY 
Echo in Time 
Resonance (an Echo Trilogy novella) 
Time Anomaly 
Dissonance (an Echo Trilogy novella) 
Ricochet Through Time 

KAT DUBOIS CHRONICLES 
Ink Witch 
Outcast 
Underground



My Thoughts:

Cover/Title: The title is what drew me into this book. It made me curious.

Characters: I liked Kat but I wish there had been a bit more background. The plot idea was interesting but I felt a lack of connection to the characters.

Plot: Kat can tell fortunes by using a hand-drawn set of tarot cards. She uses them to try to find missing people. This time, however, her people are missing. Kat is determined to find them.

Overall: This is definitely worth a read. I felt a lack of connection with the characters but sometimes the first book is that way. So, I will be giving this series another chance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment