Sunday, April 29, 2018

Review: A Dangerous Love

A Dangerous Love A Dangerous Love by Bertrice Small
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Orphaned by England's War of the Roses and betrayed by her half- sister, Elizabeth of York, Adair Radcliffe is taken captive during a border raid and sold into servitude to Scottish laird Conal Bruce. The laird seeks a housekeeper-but finds that beneath the girl's dirty, disheveled appearance is a spirited violet-eyed beauty who refuses to be tamed. It is she who will teach the stubborn Scot that love recognizes neither borders nor rank...

My Thoughts:

Cover/Title: Honestly, I didn't even look at the cover. I have read enough by this author to know that I would not be disappointed. So I grabbed a copy and I couldn't wait to read it.

Characters: Adair is exactly the type of heroines that I love to read about. No matter what life threw at her, she dealt with it the best way she knew how.

Plot: Adair is sent away from her family at the young age of 6, in an attempt to save her life. She is thrust into court life. Her life is peaceful, until the king decides that she should marry someone that she doesn't know. She rebels and heads for home. Her life is not easy and she has many trials and several husbands. She loses a lot but gains so much later.

Overall: I loved this book. Adair's life is an adventure full of trials and loss. She is strong and is able to overcome these trials. Then she finds a life and love that made it all worth while. Bertrice Small has never disappointed me. She knows how to write a story. People complain about the language she uses but it doesn't bother me. We use language and slang that people in the past didn't use so I am sure there is language and slang that they used in that time period that doesn't jive with ours. Is it authentic to that time period? I don't know, I didn't live then. Does it matter? Not really. The book is enjoyable. A warning for those who don't like descriptive sex scenes. Bertrice Small doesn't hide these things behind the bedroom door. If it bothers you to read these descriptions, then her books are not for you. For those of you that don't mind, definitely read her books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment