Thursday, April 26, 2018

Review: Gold Bars and Tin Stars

Gold Bars and Tin Stars Gold Bars and Tin Stars by Michelle Lashier
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

It's been two years since twins Jill and Joanna Mason time traveled. They haven't told anyone about their experience...yet. 

When Jill decides to come clean with her fiancĂ© about her trip to medieval Sherwood Forest, he's understandably skeptical and she wonders if their relationship can last. Meanwhile, Joanna despairs that no matter what time period she's in, she can't find Mr. Right. But more insight and adventure are on the way. When Joanna accidentally books the twins in an Old West live action role play, the sisters are mysteriously transported to Arizona in 1891. Immediately they're caught in the middle of a Wild West adventure with runaway stagecoaches, bandits, shootouts, stolen treasure, dynamite, and murder. While Jill forms a gang of gunfighters to protect an orphanage, Joanna investigates a prominent citizen's death with the help of the town marshal who may not be all he seems. 

This lighthearted adventure is the sequel to Quivers and Quills.

My Thoughts:

Cover/Title: I love time travel books! I read book 1 of this series a while back and I couldn't wait to read this one when I saw it. The covers on these books don't really do justice to the stories but the clock is accurate since they do travel in time.

Characters: Jill and Joanna are as different as can be but I love reading their adventures in time. I enjoyed learning about Rob & Liam as well.

Plot: Once again, the twins are sent back in time. This time to Arizona in 1891. The twins throw themselves into this new adventure.

Overall: I absolutely love this series. I really wanted to give it 5 stars and there are no half ratings. My problem was that there are a few editing issues. The most glaring was Chico telling the twins goodbye. It was obviously Chico that was supposed to be talking but Pedro's name was inserted there instead (Pedro is an adult and Chico is 8). There were a couple times I had to re-read a line or two just to make sure I was reading it right. It interrupted the flow of the story for me and I was really enjoying it. I do intend to read more in this series as I am able to get my hands on a copy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment