Saturday, January 23, 2016

Review: The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers by Angie Fox

The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers by Angie Fox
My Rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Demon slaying powers should come with an instruction book ...

Seriously. Why does a new hair dryer have a twelve-page how-to manual, but when it comes to ancient demon-fighting hocus-pocus, my biker witch granny gives me just half a dozen switch stars and a rah-rah speech? Oh, and a talking terrier, but that's another story. It's not like my job as a preschool teacher prepared me for this kind of thing.

So I've decided to write my own manual, The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers, because no one tells me anything. Dimitri, my "protector," may be one stud of a shape-shifting griffin, but he always thinks he can handle everything by himself. Only he's no match for the soul-stealing succubi taking over Las Vegas. If I can't figure out how to save him - and Sin City - there'll be hell to pay.

My Thoughts:

Lizzie, Dmitri, Pirate (the lovable, talking Jack Russell) and the biker witches are back in the second book of the series. Phil, Lizzie's uncle and fairy godfather, is in danger from a succubus. The gang is ready to help him with one small problem: Lizzie doesn't have a demon slaying license.

I loved this book almost as much as the first one. My only issue is that Lizzie is determined to do everything herself. The result is seeing less of Pirate, Dmitri and the biker witches. I really would love to see more of them in the next book. I love how they interacted with each other in the 1st book. The witty comments back and forth are what's missing from this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment