Thursday, January 14, 2016

I Am Alive by Cameron Jace

This is book 1 in the series. If you liked Hunger Games then you will most likely this series.

Decca is supposed to be a seven (a rating system that people are discriminated by) but she decides to swap her rating with someone rated a "monster" (below a 5). Her friend, Woo, was in the previous years' Monster show and supposedly died. She doesn't believe he died as his body was never recovered.

She meets Leo, a nine, who rebelled against the system and is being punished. Now they have to survive the Monster show which is entirely hazardous to your health. There are buses blown up, tigers and so much more that they face. Hundreds of  "monsters" go in and statistics show that none ever come back.

I really loved this book. I am not surprised because Cameron Jace is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. He has such a wonderful imagination and story telling ability. I just couldn't put the book down once I started reading. I have read books from 3 other series and a standalone book and I can't choose my favorite. I love them all!!

My Rating:
5 out f 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment