Friday, January 1, 2016

Saving Santa by Franklin J. Dewitt

I picked this book because I was working on a team challenge on Goodreads and we needed a book where someone either ruins or saves Christmas. The title of this book told me that this would most likely work. I am so glad I chose this one.

Santa disappointed 10 year old Travis on Christmas day. All Travis asked for was a bike for Christmas and he didn't get on. He was hurt and upset because he thought Santa didn't think he deserved a bike. He decided to ask his sister's boyfriend to help him sue Santa.

I really enjoyed this book. The author made the elves seem so childlike which really added to the story. The friction between Travis and Brian (his sister's boyfriend) was great. I love how the little boy was constantly one-upping the guy. The other thing I really enjoyed was the author's humor sprinkled throughout the book. Poor Brian really had a hard time of it being so clumsy and he was always getting beat up on- LOL. This is a great little Christmas story that is sure to please people of all ages.

My Rating:
4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment