Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Not Your Average Fairy Tale by Chantele Sedwick

This book is about to blow all your ideas about magical creatures like fairies, gnomes, satyrs, etc out of the water. Forget what you think you know. This book takes place at a school for magical beings. They study magic, do an internship before choosing a job.

Ash has always wanted to become a sandman. He is top of his class and he expects to get the internship that he has always wanted. For some reason, he doesn't and his whole life changes. His assignment is to be a Fairy Godmother. Yes, you read that correctly. Whoever said a fairy godmother had to be a female, right? LOL This is where things get really interesting. Absolutely not tights or pink wands for Ash. He is having none of the typical female fairy godmother crap.

I thought this book was very good. My only issue was that the first page of every chapter seemed to be messed up. When I flipped the page, it repeated one or two sentences. It may just be a technical glitch as it is the ebook version that I read. I loved how the author had Ash get an assignment that he totally hated. His attitude really made the book more interesting and made me giggle at times. I will be looking for more of this series.

My Rating:
4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment