Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Frozen by Melissa Del La Cruz

Frozen is the first book in the Heart of Dread series. The planet is destroyed and freezing. Natasha is a black dealer with a secret. She is one of the "marked". She wears special contacts to hide her eye color and keeps the mark on her body hidden.

Natasha manages to hire some runners to get her out of New Vegas. She wants to get to "the Blue", a rumored place that is not destroyed like the rest of the planer. The Blue is hidden and most people do not know how to find it.

Ryan Wesson is the leader of the runners that Natasha hires. Inexplicably drawn to her, Ryan decides not to turn her in but help her instead. They encounter many things along the way.

I liked this book but I did have a bit of trouble getting into the book at first. Once I did get into it, I enjoyed it. There is a nice romance weaved into the story line, I guess my favorite part of the story has to be the dragon. I do not want to give too much of the story away but it is worth the read if you can get through the slow bit at the beginning. I will read the second book as I am intrigued and want to know what happens next.

My Rating:
3 stars out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment