Saturday, April 27, 2019

Review: Stolen

Stolen Stolen by Vivian Vande Velde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

The same day that the villagers of Thornstowe finally hunt down a witch with a reputation for stealing children, a 12-year-old appears in the woods with no memory of her past. Is there a connection between Isabelle, the girl who doesn t know who she is, and the girl the witch stole six years earlier? One of the few things Isabelle remembers is a chant that keeps running through her head: Old as dirt,
dirty as dirt.
Ugly as sin,
mean as sin.
Don t let the old witch catch you!
Could Isabelle have been stolen by the old witch of the woods, or has she lost her memory as the result of an accident? And what about the baby the witch stole right before the villagers attacked? Did either the witch or the baby survive the fire the villagers set?
 


My Thoughts:

I was pulled into this book right away. I couldn't read it fast enough. I just wanted to know who the little girl was and her story. The book was easy to read and kept me interested in what happened to the missing girls.

Honey
I honestly didn't like Honey. She was a spoiled, rotten brat. She certainly didn't act like an 18 year old ready to move on with her life.

Ravyn
Ravyn was so adorable that you couldn't help but like her. She was so happy and fun. I couldn't help but smile at all her constant barrage of questions.

Mady & Frayne
It could be because they have lost 2 children but they seem a bit odd. They also seem to let Honey get away with too much. They treat her like a two year old instead of the 18 year old that she is supposed to be.

the ending
Boy was I surprised! There was no way I would have guessed who the little girl was. I don't want to give the ending away but things are certainly not what they seem in this book. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and the little twists and turns that the author threw in.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment