Friday, April 26, 2019

Review: Curses and Cupcakes

Curses and Cupcakes Curses and Cupcakes by Michelle M. Pillow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

Welcome to Everlasting, Maine, where there's no such thing as normal.

Marcy Lewis is cursed (honestly and truly) which makes dating very interesting. With a string of loser boyfriends behind her, she's done looking for love in all the wrong places. That is until the new firefighter arrives in the sleepy seaside town of Everlasting. Nicholas Logan is unlike any other man she's ever had in her life. When someone starts sending her photographs that raise a red flag it soon becomes apparent that she's not just cursed, she's in serious danger.

Nicholas doesn't know what to make of the charismatic young woman managing the local coffee shop. As a string of mysterious fires begin popping up around town, the two unite in search of clues as to who or what is responsible, discovering along the way that things are very rarely what they seem to be.

*Books in The Happily Everlasting Series can be read in ANY order!

My Thoughts:

All of you ladies out there remember being a young girl fascinated by fairy tales and princesses. Remember how the solution to every problem was true love's kiss. That kiss is so magical that it can break a curse. I was reminded of my childhood and those wonderful tales today as I read this book. Inside of its pages, I found a young woman cursed to date losers. Not only that but instead of them becoming her idea of prince charming, she became their perfect woman. Can you imagine not being able to choose what you like, what you clothes or hairstyle you wear?

This book was so much fun. I loved the characters. They were fun and quirky and I enjoyed learning about them. I loved learning about Marcy's curse and some of her dating experiences. I enjoyed reliving that magical moment all you women know about. That feeling you got when Romeo kissed Juliet or when Cinderella got her prince or when Aurora was awakened by that magical kiss. That moment when a good story makes you smile and feel all happy. This is a feel good story and a wonderful way to spend an evening (or early morning in my case).

I am curious... Who was your favorite prince charming or Romeo growing up? It can be from a movie or a book or a real live person. I don't want to leave the guys out... guys: who was your Juliet. Let me know in the comment box below.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment