Thursday, April 11, 2019

Review: Black Cat's Legacy

Black Cat's Legacy Black Cat's Legacy by Elaine Faber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Thumper, the resident Fern Lake black cat, knows where the bodies are buried and it’s up to Kimberlee to decode the clues.

Kimberlee’s arrival at the Fern Lake lodge triggers the Black Cat’s Legacy. With the aid of his ancestors' memories, it’s Thumper's duty to guide Kimberlee to clues that can help solve her father's cold case murder. She joins forces with a local homicide detective and an author, also researching the murder for his next thriller novel. As the investigation ensues, Kimberlee learns more than she wants to know about her father. The murder suspects multiply, some dead and some still very much alive, but someone at the lodge will stop at nothing to hide the Fern Lake mysteries.
 

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed this little mystery. The cat might be my favorite character. I loved that he could channel his ancestor's memories. I also loved that the author chose to include the thoughts of both the cat and the dog. It was a nice touch and really added to the story. The mystery was not too easy to solve but definitely makes sense. I loved all the little twists and turns throughout the story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment