Thursday, April 11, 2019

Review: Arrivals and Arrests

Arrivals and Arrests Arrivals and Arrests by Diana Xarissa
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

The first book in a new series by the author of the Aunt Bessie - Isle of Man Cozy Mystery series. 

Fenella Woods has only met a few people during the twenty-four hours she's been in Douglas, the capital city of the Isle of Man. She's shocked when she discovers one of them dead in an alley behind her apartment building. 

Struggling to adapt to her new life in a foreign country seems easy compared to coping with finding herself in the middle of a murder investigation. 

Nearly fifty and newly single, Fenella meets a handsome police inspector, a dashing new neighbor, and a sophisticated businessman, all of whom have her questioning her determination to remain unattached. 

Having a ghost for a roommate and a kitten as an uninvited houseguest has her questioning her decision to start a new life on the small island in the Irish Sea after all.

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed this little mystery. I loved the characters, especially the ghost and the cat. The mystery wasn't too obvious to figure out. I absolutely loved the idea of the bar with a library feel to it. I would so love to have one of those around here. I would spend a lot of time in a place like that! Overall, an enjoyable mystery.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment