Thursday, April 25, 2019

Review: A Fatal Family Secret

A Fatal Family Secret A Fatal Family Secret by Samantha Marks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be? 
On the first day of high school, Kayleigh wishes she could be taller, curvier, and cooler. But when she discovers she's a shape-shifter, she bites off more than she can chew. Overnight, she becomes a target, and surviving the school-year means defending herself against cyber-bullies, learning to control her new-found powers, and hiding from the ancient secret society that kidnapped her mother. Morphing has consequences, and Kayleigh begins to realize that being able to change into anything can mean losing herself in the process.

My Thoughts:

I liked the plot idea. The idea of shapeshifters that could change into any shape at will is an interesting concept. That is where my interest ended. Kayleigh is scared of her own shadow and weak. She does improve but by the time she did, I was no longer interested. Her friend Bridget was not really a good friend and I didn't really care for her either. The story moved way too slow and I just didn't like the characters. I would have liked if the story centered more around the mother and what happened to her. Even if the author had Kayleigh and her dad trying to find her mother, it would have been more interesting. Honestly, I am not sure if I will continue on with this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment