Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Review: Four to Score

Four to Score Four to Score by Janet Evanovich
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

Nabbing Maxine Nowicki, thief and extortionist, would be the answer to Stephanie’s prayers and monetary woes. The only trouble is that Maxine is no where to be found, and her friends have been mysteriously turning up dead. To make matters worse, Stephanie’s arch nemesis since grade school is also looking for Nowicki, hoping to cash in first.

Stephanie’s mentor and tormentor, Ranger, needs her. Vice cop Joe Morelli has invited her to move in… temporarily. And Stephanie’s Grandma Mazur, sidekick, Lula, and a six-foot-tall transvestite rock musician want to take Stephanie to Atlantic City. One thing is for certain, no good can come from any of it.
 

My Thoughts:

This is technically my second time reading this book. I read it several years ago but I never actually reviewed it. I needed a book for a Goodreads challenge and it fit so I decided to read it again.

There is just something about a Janet Evanovich book. You can't not love it.

Stephanie
Stephanie is the most unlikely bounty hunter there has ever been. She stumbles and bumbles her way around and usually does catch her man. Just not in her personal life. She has two men very determined to bed her but not marry her. I love this little love triangle that is happening. She also has this kooky family. Her mom is in denial, her grandmother is cray cray and her dad hides from it all. LOL!

Morelli
What is not to love about Morelli? The hot playboy cop is every woman's dream. He is a bit clueless about women and his feelings as well. His family is just as kooky as hers. His grandmother Bella is just as kooky as her grandmother and uses her "evil eye" to get her way.

Ranger
I am a little bit disappointed with the amount of time Ranger gets in this book. He is sexy as sin and I love his banter with Stephanie. His attempts to get her to sleep with him are legendary and I think I only read one attempt in this book. So sad. I want more Ranger!

Lula
I love Lula. She is crazy and she knows it. I love the scenes in the book where she goes as Stephanie's backup. She always has a big gun and ready to take someone down. You can't help but love her character.

Sally
Now Sally is an unusual character. He is great at solving puzzles and is always up for helping the girls track down someone. You can't help but love his character either. He is larger than life, that's for sure.

the ending
I loved the ending. The tattoos were an awesome touch to the story and I have to say those three ladies were creative. I have a few more in the series that I want to read now that my intrigue of this series has been renewed. This book is full of laugh out loud fun and you can't go wrong with any of this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment