Thursday, January 30, 2020

Series Review: Dragon Fire Academy



Dragon Fire Academy
by Rachel Jonas
Series Rating: 5 of 5 stars

1. First Term (Dragon Fire Academy #1)First Term by Rachel Jonas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Synopsis:
Noelle is a descendant of all three supernatural lineages. This has made her life difficult to say the least. She is accepted to attend school at the Dragon Fire Academy, which has always been her dream. Things are not quite as normal as she wanted her school experience to be. First, her mentors, four hot dragon warriors follow her everywhere. She has no idea what destiny has in store for her but it is not being a normal student or becoming a guard like she always wanted.

My Thoughts:
I love when an author takes the time to build the world and characters in their books. This author did exactly that. She didn't rely on sex to hold the book together but instead developed the relationships and made the world come alive for the reader. This land that the school is on seems wild, beautiful, peaceful but yet dangerous all at the same time.

I found the school ceremonies interesting. Of course, they might have to wait before doing another pinning ceremony...LOL. As far as schools go, it seems like your everyday paranormal school.

The island and the firekeepers are what has me most curious. What are the firekeepers protecting the students from? The firekeepers themselves are intriguing and each with their own unique personality. Their symbols are talked about but not as much detail given as everything else in the book. I am sure there is a reason for it and I can't wait to learn what the symbols mean and how their "hive" goes forward. I do think Kai might be my favorite firekeeper at this point but I have a feeling that might change as the series goes on.

Noelle herself is an interesting heroine. She seems determined to follow the path she set for herself. However, she is worried about her first shift and how it will go. I love that she is smart enough to plan ahead for any unexpected issues. She is concerned more about everyone else than herself which makes like her even more. She has me curious as well. Now that she has completed her first shift, what changes will she undergo? Also, how does she feel about her new role in the "hive"? I have so many questions left and can't wait to see where this series leads.



2. Second Term (Dragon Fire Academy #2)Second Term by Rachel Jonas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis:
First term is over. She finally had her first transformation, found her four cocky mates and been marked by ancient evil. Can second term actually be a bigger challenge than the first? With a lot to lose, Noelle is willing to fight for everything she believes in and loves.

My Thoughts:
Book 1 was good but this one was better. There is so much going on that I don't even know if I can wrap my head around it. This author really draws the reader into the world and the characters. You can't help but be fully immersed into this book.

I love that Noelle and Blythe have resolved their differences. She has proven herself to be a true friend. I think Noelle is gonna needs all her friends to get through this. Her friends are awesome and I really like these characters.

I really like the guys even more than before. Kai was my favorite in book one but I thin Ori takes it this time. He has really opened up and I believe he has a big heart.

The chief is the only character that I think we have only scratched the surface of. I don't feel he is trustworthy. I think there is more than meets the eye with him. The dark witches he is using is only the beginning. I am anxious to find out what he is really up to you.



My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Synopsis:
Noelle has been through hell in the first 2 terms but that is nothing compared to what she is about to experience. She can't give up the fight and neither can her mates or her friends. They call her family for backup as they fight the darkness. Will good triumph over evil?

My Thoughts:
This book seemed really short but it may just be because I was totally absorbed in the story. I love how her hive and her family came together to fight for her. Even after her dad got a little surprise that he didn't enjoy at all. It really was the perfect ending to the series. There is a bonus epilogue that you can request after reading the series. It was nice to have that extra little piece showing the aftermath of all that happened. I enjoyed this book and the bonus epilogue as well. I will be looking for more by this author. 


Overall:
I loved this series. I just couldn't put these books down. They just seemed to pull me into the story and wouldn't let go until I finished them all. This is definitely a new favorite author for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment