Monday, January 20, 2020

Review: Sky Ghosts: Initiation

Sky Ghosts: Initiation (Sky Ghosts Series Book 1)Sky Ghosts: Initiation by Alexandra Engellmann
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Synopsis:
For centuries, Sky Ghosts have been hiding their differences from humans, living among them in secret. For every one of them who uses their power for the good of mankind, there are ten who prey on the weak and try to avoid justice. They're called Sky Beasts, and the war between them and the New York Sky Ghosts Headquarters has reached a fever pitch.

Patricia aka Pain is known as a “kill first, ask questions later” kind of girl. An urban legend at twenty-one, she helps save the city in her own way — by slaughtering Beasts in between working bodyguard jobs.

Until they show up. The two civilian guys who turn the life at headquarters upside down. The key to destroying their oldest enemy. And it's Pain and her sister Jane who are assigned to protect the annoying humans.

If the Beasts don't kill them, she might just do it herself.

Previously published as Sky Ghosts: All for One. This is a revised, updated edition with 4 new chapters.

*Warning: strong language, graphic violence, and mild sexual content.

My Review:
I read the original version of this book in 2015 and it was one of those books that just stuck with me. I have been checking back looking for future books and then I was contacted by the author with the chance to read this updated version with extra chapters. I was excited to go back into this world of Sky Ghosts & Beasts.

It was every bit as good as I remembered. I still loved these characters. I love the sisters and how they relate to each other and everyone around them. Pain is sassy & snarky and I love it. This is easily one of my favorite books (both old & new versions). I can't wait to see what book 2 has to bring when it comes out in the near future.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment