Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Review: Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Synopsis:
Evie works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency.  She can see through glamours and uses that skill to find paranormal creatures and make it so they can't harm humans. She meets a very unique paranormal creature that she doesn't understand. Unfortunately, this also opens her eyes to things in her agency. Things are not quite what they seem. Despite all the injustices she is starting to see, there is a more important threat to all paranormal creatures and a prophecy that she wants nothing to do with. 


My Review:
Anyone who knows me would not be surprised that I snapped this book up. Anything with paranormal creatures of any type seem to draw my attention. I especially love when an author takes something as simple as vampires and mermaids and put their own little twist on things. This author gave herself license to do so with these characters. So the mermaid is translated by computer and the vampires have glamours that hide their decaying bodies, etc. The Empty Ones were a nice touch and one I haven't seen before. With the addition of these little twists, the author takes the reader on a truly unique journey. Learning about Evie and her just as unique boyfriend, Lend, is a reading adventure you won't forget. Will I read book 2? Most definitely. I am very curious as to where this series is gonna go.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment