Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Review: Lost Library

Lost Library Lost Library by Kate Baray
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Lost Library brings together a mysterious, magical book and a quirky heroine to create the adventure of a lifetime!

John Braxton arrives unannounced on Lizzie Smith's doorstep looking for answers she doesn't have. She may have a magical book, but she hasn't a clue what to do with it--or even how to read it. And John's revelation that he's a Lycan isn't making the job any easier.

Before the code to the book can be cracked, Lizzie and John stumble into the middle of a power-hungry mastermind's plan. Caught up in one man's search for power, Lizzie soon begins to uncover surprising secrets about her past and powers. Can she and John put a stop to their new found enemy's plans?

Take a romp through the life of the quirky and well-meaning Lizzie as she discovers magic, creatures that go bump in the night, and maybe love. 

***Note that this title was previously published with the same title and cover through a different publisher.***

My Thoughts:

Cover/Title: The cover doesn't give much of the story away. The title doesn't really give the reader much insight into the story either.

Characters: I really enjoyed the characters even though you don't get much background info. I definitely would have liked more background but the story stood well on its own. The story seemed to center more on the spellcasters and the lycans were more of an afterthought.

Plot: It is definitely an interesting start to the series. I am intrigued about the spellcasters and what they can do. I wish the Lycans had a little more to do with the plot. John is really the only lycan in story with a brief appearance from a few others.

Overall: I was pleasantly surprised with this book. I really enjoyed the new view of lycans and their spellcasters. I am definitely looking forward to reading more about them.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment