Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Review: The Bargain

The Bargain The Bargain by Jane Ashford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Synopsis:


A scientifically minded nobleman

Lord Alan Gresham is the sixth son of the Duke of Langford and, as such, has been allowed to remain at Oxford to pursue his scientific studies. When the prince regent asks him to debunk the "ghost" of a dead actress haunting Carlton House, he cannot refuse, and is forced back to the Society he deplores. But upon meeting the daughter of the alleged ghost, his calm, logical investigation is disrupted.

Learns the breathless chemistry of desire

Ariel Harding doesn't believe in ghosts, but she's determined to investigate this haunting. Her mother recently committed suicide, and Ariel is desperate to find the reason. She'll work with Alan because he has access to Prinny's resources, but she never dreamed she'd make a perilous bargain with a man who's as maddeningly arrogant as he is confoundedly attractive...





My Thoughts:


Cover: The cover is pretty standard for a Regency romance. I always love the dresses they show on the covers. They are downright beautiful.

Title: I love the title. It fits the book well. Of course, the bargain was pretty specific but plans don't always go the way we plan, do they?

Characters: I love Ariel! She is definitely a strong independent heroine and those are my favorites. Alan is a bit pigheaded and really doesn't understand women at all. Of course, this provided me with amusement throughout the book. His brother are also quite clueless about women and poor Ariel has her hands full with this bunch. Just think, these are only some of the men in the family... maybe an idea for a sequel.

Plot: I love the story line. They are brought together by a ghost. Yes, I said ghost. Her dead mother, to be precise.

Overall: I loved this book. The characters make you laugh. Of course, they all got more than they bargained for. I absolutely loved how clueless the Gresham brothers were. The ghost was an interesting way to bring the characters together. I would love to read more by this author.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment