Saturday, December 16, 2017

Review: Branded

Branded Branded by Keary Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars




Synopsis:

Jessica had the nightmares for as long as she can remember. Nightmares of being judged by people who have died, of being branded by the angels. Her friends and family think she's crazy because of it all. Yet she carries the mark of the condemned, seared into the back of her neck, and hides it and herself away from the world.

But when two men she can't ignore enter her life everything changes, including the nightmares. The two of them couldn't be more different. She will do anything to be with one of them. Even tell him the truth about angels, why she never sleeps, and the scar on the back of her neck. But one of the two has set events into motion that will pull her toward her own judgment and turn her into the object of her greatest fear.
 




My Thoughts:


Cover: The cover has a bit of a dark quality to it. It definitely intrigued me.

Title: This title fit the book really well. Once the reader is introduced to the MCs issues at hand, it becomes rather apparent how the title ties in.

Characters: Jessica is an interesting character. She is not perfect but you can't help but like her. Sal is a very likable older lady and very integral to the story. Alex is my favorite character as he doesn't judge, he just wants to help her in any way he can. Cole is the hot but oh not so nice bad boy of the story.

Plot: I have read tons of books with all kinds of creatures and people. I have also read many angel books but this one is a bit different. These angels are not quite how we would like to see angels. It takes all your beliefs about angels and just throws them away. I loved the story line but really felt bad for Jessica and her trials.

Overall: I really enjoyed this book. It was a surprising twist to an angel story. I will definitely be looking for more of this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment