Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Review: Bait

Bait Bait by Kasi Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Synopsis:

At sixteen, Bay-Lee Bishop is not a typical girl. The last thing she wants is to be popular, but flying under the radar is nearly impossible when you’re the tallest kid in the eleventh grade. She works hard to maintain a steady C point average, never raises her hand in class, and avoids extra-curricular activity of any kind. The other students would be shocked to learn she’s living under an alias, relocating at her uncle’s whim, and hiding from monsters who want her dead because she’s Van Helsing’s daughter. 

Life is weird. Then everything changes. A reaper uses her closet to cross over from the Spirit Realm right before her father whisks her away to a new school. This is the school she was born for, the school where she will learn to hunt and kill monsters, but it isn’t what she imagined. Students hate her, her mentor refuses to help her, and wraiths are murdering hunters on their birthdays. She is laser-focused on training. Love is not an option for her. Try telling that to her heart.








My Thoughts:


I loved the characters and the plot drew me in from the very beginning. I loved the variety of creatures and the explanations about how they all came to be. I think my favorite thing is that this book is filled with plot twists that will leave you guessing all the way to the end. When you think you understand what is happening, think again because another plot twist is about to creep up on you. Overall, I really enjoyed this great start to another interesting series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment