Saturday, December 16, 2017

Review: The Babbling Brook Naked Poker Club - Book One

The Babbling Brook Naked Poker Club - Book OneThe Babbling Brook Naked Poker Club - Book One by Ann Warner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Synopsis:

A painting worth millions, valuables gone missing, a game that is more than a game. And that’s only the beginning as an elderly widow befriends a young woman and tries to prevent her from making the same mistakes she has made.








My Thoughts:


Cover: It's ok but I wish it related to the book a bit more.

Title: The title grabbed my attention but no they are not really naked while playing poker!

Characters: The characters were mainly older people as the book takes place in a retirement community. I did like how they were each quirky in their own way. I did not care for the MCs son at all but her cop friend is definitely a friend that anyone would want.

Plot: The plot centered around the retirement community, the residents, the staff and the police. I enjoyed the little twists and turns in the mystery.

Overall: This book is a pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment