Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Review: Live and Let Shop

Live and Let Shop Live and Let Shop by Michael P. Spradlin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

The hilarious new series Spy Goddess launches in paperback, bringing this witty combination of espionage, action, mystery, and girlpower to a wider audience.
Blackthorn Academy, meet Rachel Buchanan
I'm not a delinquent...I'm just misunderstood.
Of course, the judge didn't see it that way. She gave me a choice: juvenile detention or boarding school in Pennsylvania, of all places. That's how I wound up at freaky Blackthorn Academy. This school is clearly hiding some major secrets.
And here's something you should know about me: Rachel Buchanan never gives up when there are secrets to uncover. Watch out, Blackthorn Academy!
This new series is funny, fast–paced, and perfect for fans of Alias, Charlie's Angels, or Buffy.

My Thoughts:



I really enjoyed this story. It is not Gallagher Girls but this book is definitely a nice start to a new spy series. I love that Rachel was sassy and had a mind of her own. Alex annoyed me quite a bit throughout the book but Brent & Pilar were not too bad. The author needed to build the characters up a bit more as you really don't get know any of them other than Rachel. Overall, a quick, exciting read. Now, I am off to read book 2.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment