Monday, October 2, 2017

Review: Extinction Reversed

Extinction Reversed Extinction Reversed by J.S. Morin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

Could you live 1000 years as a robot to undo the destruction of Earth? 

Charles Truman has. 

After eradicating the alien virus that wiped out life on Earth, Charlie7 has been reconstructing life molecule by molecule. 

It’s hard work. It’s lonely work. It’s thankless work. 

1000 years later, Charlie7 and the other robots he’s created have established a thriving, familiar ecosystem. Their genetic engineering prowess is mere decades from safely creating humans. 

But someone wasn’t willing to wait… 

Extinction Reversed is the first book in the Robot Geneticists series. For fans of old-school science fiction where robots are people and any problem can be solved (or created) with enough scientists. If you've ever wondered what the world would be like if scientists who'd read I, Robot created a race of robots, or if you ever wondered what might be more dangerous to clone than dinosaurs, this is the series for you.


My Thoughts:


I love that this book has such a unique plot. I have never read a book with a society of all robots. However, the book is missing the likable characters that the reader connects with. I wished the characters had been developed more emotionally. Especially Eve14 because, let's face it, humans are emotional creatures and she seems to lack that. Overall, good plot idea but didn't live up to expectations. Will I read book 2? Probably not.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment