Saturday, October 28, 2017

Review: Fantasy of Frost

Fantasy of Frost Fantasy of Frost by Kelly St. Clare
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Synopsis:


Fantasy of Frost is the first title in The Tainted Accords. 

Warning: You won't be able to put this book down. 

I know many things. What I am capable of, what I will change, what I want to become. But there is one thing I will never know. 

Being the Tatuma of our world, the next to rule, should have given me a privileged life. One full of friends, love and happiness. If my mother did not hate me, I probably would have had that. Instead, she has kept me veiled from birth, turning the possibility of this distant dream into a living nightmare. 

Shunned by the court, abused from childhood, I am trapped within this material barrier and will never know my own face. Only two friends and a determination to become Tatum keep me sane. 

I am unaware everything in my life is about to change when the peace delegate arrives from the savage world of Glacium. Hidden agendas, past secrets and my struggle to stay alive–while still becoming the person I want to be–careen wildly out of control. 

Join Olina in this coming-of-age fantasy. 

Warning: Cliff-hanger ending. Suitable for young adult+. Novel contains fighting scenes, swearing, romance, sexual themes and general kick ass. 


My Thoughts:



This book had such an interesting world that the author created. I absolutely loved the map included with the augmented reality box set, Marked by Fate. I really wanted to like this book more because the world building was so good. The plot, however, didn't play out as well. It was moving fast and then in the middle it slowed down a lot. Then the plot just seemed to fall apart. At that point, the author lost me. The first part of the book was so good and I had such high expectations and they were sadly not met. Will I read book 2? I am torn because there are a lot of series where book 2 has blown book 1 out of the water. Will this author be like that or will book 2 fall flat again? I will add it to my TBR and give her one more chance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment