Monday, January 21, 2019

Review: Among the Hidden

Among the Hidden Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Luke has never been to school. He's never had a birthday party, or gone to a friend's house for an overnight. In fact, Luke has never had a friend.

Luke is one of the shadow children, a third child forbidden by the Population Police. He's lived his entire life in hiding, and now, with a new housing development replacing the woods next to his family's farm, he is no longer even allowed to go outside.

Then, one day Luke sees a girl's face in the window of a house where he knows two other children already live. Finally, he's met a shadow child like himself. Jen is willing to risk everything to come out of the shadows -- does Luke dare to become involved in her dangerous plan? Can he afford not to?

My Thoughts:

The book drew me in right away and I just couldn't put it down. Talk about a rough life!! I felt so bad for these third children. I really wish it had been longer. It definitely set the pace for the rest of the series. I am curious to know if Luke can make a difference. Overall, an interesting dystopian society.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment