Saturday, January 5, 2019

Review: Aconite

Aconite Aconite by Christine Alvarez
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Who knew a truck stop post card would send Alexis Davis' life spiraling out of control only to discover a supernatural destiny that she never knew existed. 
Not wanting to follow in her mother's footsteps, she embarks on a new adventure. Armed with a fresh tattoo and desire for freedom, she winds up in the quaint fishing town of Reedsport, Oregon. 
Alex meets two men that awaken something frightening that was buried deep inside her very soul. Soon the lines between her past, present, and future become blurred. 
Now Alexis must decide who she can trust. A dark and mysterious coven that believes she is the only one who can restore their power that was lost long ago....or the two men who have hated each other for centuries because of her.


My Thoughts:


I really enjoyed this book. I loved learning about the Elektita and Alexis' past. There are still a lot of questions that I felt weren't answered. I honestly didn't know whether to like or hate Sebastian & Jonathan. They both have done horrendous things but they do it out of love in a very misguided way, I suppose. I wanted to give this book a 4 star but it needs an editor in a very bad way. Words that sound the same but mean totally different things are all thru the book. Other than that, I truly enjoyed the story and want to know what happens next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment