Monday, March 26, 2018

Review: A Mail-Order Heart

A Mail-Order Heart A Mail-Order Heart by Janelle Daniels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

Clara Stewart has every intention of marrying Ivan, her mail-order groom, but her plans fall apart when he dies before her arrival—leaving not one fiancĂ©e but nine! When the female-starved town offers them Ivan’s home and claim, Clara steps forward and promises to do whatever necessary to see to the women’s future, regardless of her own attraction to the town’s sheriff.

Sheriff Sawyer Morrison had one goal: to protect his town. But when nine women arrive, all claiming to be mail-order brides for the same man, his once quiet life is thrown into chaos. Safeguarding them from aggressive suitors is nothing compared to the inner battle he faces over Clara, a woman who heats his blood… but can never be his own.

But when Clara is kidnapped by the same person who’s sabotaging their mine, Sawyer must choose between the life he knew and the future he craves.


My Thoughts:


Title/Cover: I grabbed this book because I love stories about mail order brides finding their HEA.

Characters: Clara and Belle were my favorite of the women but the sheriff was likable also.

Plot: A crazy miner sends for 9 mail order brides. I guess one wasn't enough for this guy. Too bad he died before they arrived. Of course, the women are not happy but are determined to make the best of their situation. How hard can it possibly be to keep 9 women safe in a town full of miners until they find husbands? The sheriff has his work cut out for him!

Overall: I don't think I even read the synopsis when I bought this. I saw mail order bride and grabbed a copy. I am certainly not disappointed with the purchase. I laughed as I realized the predicament that these women found themselves in. The guy had to be crazy to think 9 women would want to share one husband. The whole situation made me smile at the ridiculousness of it. It was definitely worth the read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment