Thursday, March 8, 2018

Review: Cold My Heart

Cold My Heart Cold My Heart by Sarah Woodbury
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

A tale of timeless love, heroic courage ... and a race to change the course of destiny itself. I couldn't put it down. This is King Arthur as you've never seen him before. -Anna Elliott, author of the Twilight of Avalon trilogy. 

By the autumn of 537 AD, all who are loyal to King Arthur have retreated to a small parcel of land in north Wales. They are surrounded on all sides, heavily outnumbered, and facing near certain defeat. 

But Myrddin and Nell, two of the king's companions, have a secret that neither has ever been able to face: each has seen that on a cold and snowy day in December, Saxon soldiers sent by Modred will ambush and kill King Arthur. 

And together, they must decide what they are willing to do, and to sacrifice, to avert that fate. 

Cold My Heart is a 25,000 word novella and the first book in The Lion of Wales series. All three novellas (Cold My Heart, The Oaken Door, Of Men and Dragons) were originally published under a single title (Cold my Heart)




My Thoughts:


Cover/Title: Neither the cover nor the title drew me in. I am a huge fan of this author so I wanted to try out this series.

Characters: I don't know what happened here. I wasn't a huge fan of any of the characters.

Plot: This is where my problem is with this book. Myrddin and Nell both have seen an event that is coming up. They travel together with Arthur while he prepares for battle. The plot almost seems like it wasn't well thought out or is stretched out over too many books.

Overall: I love Sarah Woodbury's books and I am very disappointed with this one. I was really looking forward to it. The book started with a bang and really pulled me in. Then it kind of died off and I had to push myself to finish it. Unfortunately, it feels incomplete. It is way too short and seems to end without any major plot completion. It has the potential to be a great story but just seems like it is part of a bigger story that was cut in half.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment