Saturday, May 4, 2019

Review: The Lost Children

The Lost Children The Lost Children by Carolyn Cohagan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

Josephine Russing owns 387 pairs of gloves. She's given a new pair every week by her father, a sullen man known best for his insistence that the citizens in town wear gloves at all times.

A world away, the children of Gulm have been taken. No one knows where they might be, except the mysterious and terrifying leader of the land: The Master. He rules with an iron fist, using two grotesque creatures to enforce his terrible reign.

When a peculiar boy named Fargus shows up on Josephine's property and then disappears soon afterward, she follows him without a second thought and finds herself magically transported to Gulm.

After Fargus introduces her to his tough-as-nails friend Ida, the three of them set off on an adventure that will test everything Josephine has ever thought about the rules of the universe, leading to a revelation about the truth of the land of Gulm, and of Josephine's own life back home.
 

My Thoughts:

I was drawn to this book while at the library. I didn't really read the synopsis so I had no expectations going into it. So I was pleasantly surprised with a plot that involved time travel and travel to other worlds.

Josephine
Honestly, I wasn't sure if I liked this character at times. She seemed too weak and indecisive. She didn't seem to have that inner voice that told her that things were off or wrong. She would rather blindly hope things and people were good.

Ida
Now Ida was the strong heroine that I wanted. She was determined to save herself and her friends. She was skeptical when things were too good to be true and would try to find out people's real motives.

Fargas
Poor Fargas learned to get by without talking after what he had been through. He was harder to decide if I liked him or not. However, I decided that he was sweet and just took time to like him.


Ned
Ned seemed to be a strong character. He was determined to help others and do the right thing. I really liked him and was glad that he had a decent part in the story.

Leopold Reginald Russing
Now this was an odd little characters. Nobody liked him and he was determined to keep things that way. He forced people to do what he wanted and he cared about no one else.

The lost children
I felt bad for them. The reader doesn't really get to know them but you get the impression that they are suffering more than anyone.

The Ending
Yeah, I totally wasn't expecting that ending. It explained so much.

Overall
I really enjoyed this book and I would definitely read another book by this author.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment