Sunday, May 5, 2019

Review: Bedtimes and Broomsticks

Bedtimes and Broomsticks Bedtimes and Broomsticks by Amanda A. Allen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

When Scarlett Oaken’s path is foretold, the promise is broken love and a return to her hometown in failure. That day has arrived. But, she’s determined to carve a new life for herself and her daughters.

On the first day back to town, Scarlett’s 4-year-old daughter witnesses a murder and Luna’s memory is hexed. Now it’s a race to discover the killer before Luna regains her memory and becomes the killer’s next target.

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed this little mystery. I wish the author would have spent a bit more time on a few of the characters. I would have liked to know more about Scarlett's family, Gus & Lex.

Scarlett
I liked Scarlett. She is fiercely protective of her children, as any mother should be.

Grant
He didn't get a huge part in the story but I really didn't like him. What father doesn't love his own children for who they are.

Gus & Lex
I liked these guys but wish there had been more development of them. For love interests, you barely know anything about them. How is a reader to decide which one they are to root for?

The Ending
It was a bit obvious who the murderer was but the reasons were not completely as simple as I thought. I wish the reveal had been more surprising or at least not figured out so easily.

Overall
Overall, this book was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment