Friday, September 8, 2017

Review: Deadly Magic

Deadly Magic Deadly Magic by Jenny Brex
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

Avery Diamond is having a devil of a time. First Ox refused to let her live in denial, and now the seedy old demon, Killian, is taunting her from Hell. 

Forced into a battle she never wanted to fight, Avery must learn to harness the energy around her to stay alive. Magic is only good if you know how to use it. And with only a teeny, tiny dagger at her side, things are going to get dirty. No big, cool sword for her. She’ll need to get in up-close and personal for the kill. 

To save her family she has no choice but to win. If she doesn’t the soul-eaters will take over and there’s no telling what civilization will be like. Grab your copy today for a two-part contemporary fantasy that twists elements of magic realism with a dose of the Devil. You’ll find twists, turns, and yoga pants in this magical more-suburban-than-urban fantasy, but no romance. 

My Thoughts:



This was an ok book. I enjoyed the story and it was definitely a story line that I hadn't read before. Will I read book 2? Maybe. I have a lot of books that I just couldn't put down that I want to continue series for before this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment