Thursday, September 28, 2017

Review: Absinthe

Absinthe Absinthe by Robin H. Soprano
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

Author Sharie Donovan discovers long-hidden voodoo artifacts during renovations in her recently purchased 1800s manor near New Orleans. Enchanted by the manor’s historic charm and the lure of the mysterious discovery, little did Sharie know her life was about to irrevocably change… 

Among the strange and haunting artifacts is a unique bottle containing an unfamiliar green liquid… 

One night and one sip later, a 200-year-old spirit, Prudence Ravensdale, communicates with Sharie through her writing. Soon, Sharie realizes with every sip of the odd liquor she is further possessed by Prudence’s presence and captivated by her riveting story. 

Thrown into the unfamiliar world of the paranormal, Sharie discovers love, adventure, and a new-found spirituality. 

It all begins with a taste of the mysterious elixir 
…ABSINTHE. 


My Thoughts:


I enjoyed this story. I did find it a tiny bit predictable but enjoyable nonetheless. I loved the New Orleans setting. It really added to the ghost story. The romance was an added bonus. Overall, this is a good story and I enjoyed reading it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment