Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Review: Jamie Quinn Mystery Collection: Box Set Books 1-3

Jamie Quinn Mystery Collection: Box Set Books 1-3 Jamie Quinn Mystery Collection: Box Set Books 1-3 by Barbara Venkataraman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*

I have a habit of spacing cozy mysteries apart because they do all seem to have a formula that they follow. If I read too many right in a row I tend to get bored. 3 is about my limit so I was glad there were only 3 in this set. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy cozy mysteries. They are great when you have had a long day and just want to cozy up with a nice mystery.

Now onto the book. I really enjoyed Jamie Quinn. I love that she is actually a lawyer instead of some random profession (I like those also but it was nice to stray away from the normal). Lawyers do have to do a bit of investigating here and there. She investigates because it is her job, not just because she is curious. Duke really seems like a fun character. I would love to read more about him. Kip is a nice guy and all but I didn't feel like the reader got to know him as well as Duke. We really didn't get to experience much of a relationship between Jamie and Kip. I almost wanted her to date Nick because they have that love/hate relationship going on. I think they would be more interesting together because they like to argue with each other.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this book to cozy mystery lovers out there. It is definitely an enjoyable read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment