Monday, December 28, 2015

Review: Time Ship (Book One): A Time Travel Romantic Adventure by Ian C.P. Irvine

Time Ship (Book One): A Time Travel Romantic Adventure by Ian C.P. Irvine
My Rating:4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Gripping, Enthralling, Imaginative & Hard to Put Down! 

A rip-roaring, page-turning thriller! 

If you don't believe time travel is possible, based upon the infamous US Defence Department's 'Project Rainbow', this book will make change your mind... 

The Story 
Who are the terrorists that have taken over an exclusive five star holiday resort in the Caribbean and are holding everyone to ransom? 
What is the dangerous secret that the terrorists carry, and why must their existence be denied and covered up at all costs to protect the future of mankind? 
And when you discover that the story is based upon a real research project that the United States government conducted, you will want to learn more, and may even ask 'could this really happen?' 
Download, settle back in a comfortable chair, and enjoy! 

What People are Saying about "Time Ship" 
"A riveting read that kept me on the edge of my seat and guessing 'till the very end! This book has it all - mystery, romance, the past and the future. With brilliant characters and an attention to detail that paints wonderful pictures in the minds eye. It's funny, exciting and extremely clever. I was not able to put this book down, I was constantly eager to see what was coming next. It's a brilliantly written book that left me feeling like I'd been on an adventure." 

"I kept wondering how anyone could possibly have thought of this and then woven the story to such an extent that you actually believed that lots of this was fact and not a story at all! The ending was phenomenaland showed a more than fertile imagination. I laughed out loud! The books were read first by my husband who muttered every so often 'This guy is amazing. His writing is so clear, and his imagination is(literally) out of this world.' " 

" A brilliant concept - science put across in an easily understandable way and a thrilling read. Packed with thrills, spills (literally!), adventure, history, romance, thought provoking scientific possibilities of time travel and epidemiology. This book crosses so many genres yet contains plenty of fun and humour. A must buy. " 

NOTE: Book One of Two Parts: 
Please note that Book One continues seamlessly into and is concluded in Book Two. This is an excellent way to introduce yourself to this new and exciting author!- If you enjoy Book One, to continue the story you may then choose to download Book Two. Alternatively, readers are always recommended to purchase the full omnibus edition containing both Book One and Book Two. 

My Thoughts:

I started reading this book without any real expectations. At first, I admit to being a bit bored but I plowed through it and I was glad I did. Once the 4 hurricanes collided, I was hooked.

Captain Robert McGregor is a pirate captain from 1699. They are caught up in a huge storm and lose the other ships that they sail with. Determined to keep the crew on his remaining alive, he does everything he can to get through the storm.

Meanwhile, in the year 2014, there is an experiment going on during this same storm. They are trying to prove the existence of the Hunraken Vortex and time travel. Their plane, Stormchaser 3, is in the eye of one of the hurricanes.

The 4 hurricanes collide and something happens. The plane disappears from the year 2014 without a trace, The pirate ship from 1699 appears in the year 2014 near Puerto Rico.

This is where I started giggling. The pirates are not used to our modern conveniences. The things they believe and are afraid of have me rolling in laughter. For a book that I wasn't sure I was going to like, I really ended up enjoying it. It started off slow but if you persevere through it then you won't be disappointed. I certainly wasn't. I do have lots of questions left unanswered but since this is book 1, I am sure when I read book 2 I will get the answers I am dying to know.



No comments:

Post a Comment