Monday, December 28, 2015

Time Ship (Book One): A Time Travel Romantic Adventure by Ian C.P. Irvine

I started reading this book without any real expectations. At first, I admit to being a bit bored but I plowed through it and I was glad I did. Once the 4 hurricanes collided, I was hooked.

Captain Robert McGregor is a pirate captain from 1699. They are caught up in a huge storm and lose the other ships that they sail with. Determined to keep the crew on his remaining alive, he does everything he can to get through the storm.

Meanwhile, in the year 2014, there is an experiment going on during this same storm. They are trying to prove the existence of the Hunraken Vortex and time travel. Their plane, Stormchaser 3, is in the eye of one of the hurricanes.

The 4 hurricanes collide and something happens. The plane disappears from the year 2014 without a trace, The pirate ship from 1699 appears in the year 2014 near Puerto Rico.

This is where I started giggling. The pirates are not used to our modern conveniences. The things they believe and are afraid of have me rolling in laughter. For a book that I wasn't sure I was going to like, I really ended up enjoying it. It started off slow but if you persevere through it then you won't be disappointed. I certainly wasn't. I do have lots of questions left unanswered but since this is book 1, I am sure when I read book 2 I will get the answers I am dying to know.


My Rating:
4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment