Saturday, January 13, 2018

Review: The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back

The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back by Sariah Wilson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Cover/Title: The title drew me in.

Characters: Mattie started out whiny & really self-absorbed. However, over the course of the book, she grew and changed. I did start to like her by the end. Ella was a likable character but she had a lot to learn about family relationships over the course of the book.

Plot: This wasn't what I expected. There was a severe lack of communication in their family. Elle thought she had to repay her stepdad for allowing her to live there. She couldn't understand that he loved her like his own daughter. Mattie thought Elle was too perfect and basically wanted to be her.

Overall: It was an interesting book. I love that two sisters learn that blood does not make a family. They also learn to communicate with each other and love themselves for who they are. They both learn confidence by the end of the book. Overall, it is an ok book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment