Saturday, January 6, 2018

Review: Life First

Life First Life First by R.J. Crayton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Strong-willed Kelsey Reed must escape tonight or tomorrow her government will take her kidney and give it to someone else.

In this future forged by survivors of pandemics that wiped out 80 percent of the world's population, life is valued above all else. The government of "Life First" requires the mentally ill to be sterilized, outlaws abortions and sentences to death those who refuse to donate an organ when told.

Determined not to give up her kidney, Kelsey enlists the help of her boyfriend Luke and a dodgy doctor to escape. The trio must disable the tracking chip in her arm for her to flee undetected. If they fail, Kelsey will be stripped of everything.



My Thoughts:



Cover/Title: The cover & title don't really give much away. The synopsis of this book is what drew me in. I love dystopian books.

Characters: I liked the characters a lot. They had a lot of conviction and really stood behind their beliefs.

Plot: The plot idea was intriguing. It was a very different point of view for a dystopian society. I found that the society was intriguing but not without its flaws.

Overall: I really enjoyed this book. I would definitely like to read more in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment