Monday, February 8, 2016

Finned by Sutton Shields

I don't know what I expected when I picked out this book, but I certainly wasn't expecting this. Marina Valentine has the ability to read cards and predict the future. This gets her into trouble time and again. She is banished and sent to Saxet Shores, TX. This appears to have been her plan. Her new school seems to be working well for her until she starts to realize things are not as they seem.

This is a paranormal book. There are mermaids, mermen, some kind of angel and more. The characters are great. I liked Troy but I really liked Manakel much more for some reason. He wasn't featured a whole lot in the book but he always seemed to be there when he was needed. Dr. Tenly is another character I really liked. He is kind of like a absent-minded professor. He is really quite kooky and I enjoyed his character. As for Treeva, she is a hoot and a very unexpected character. This book has me intrigued and I plan to read more. I have to know what happens next in the Merworld Water Wars.

If you like romance or paranormal books then you will enjoy this because there is plenty of both. Also, if you were fascinated by stories of mermaids as a child, then this book is for you. I loved the vivid detail in the mermaid world. It made me wish it really was a place you could visit. I could vividly picture it in my mind.

My Rating:
5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment