Monday, February 4, 2019

Review: Never Save a Demon

Never Save a Demon Never Save a Demon by J.D. Brown
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

The rules for demon slaying are simple.
Rule #1: Never save a demon’s life.
… Oops.
 

Lyn Conway is a hot mess. She’s past due on her rent, can’t get clients to take her paranormal investigations business seriously, and … Oh yeah, she’s a demon hunter who broke the ultimate rule. She didn’t mean to save a demon’s life. She thought she was saving a cute guy from a horrific attack. But now? 

Sam. Won’t. Die. 

That is, he won’t die until she does. 

Being bound to a gorgeous demon isn’t all that bad, until women who look suspiciously similar to Lyn start dropping dead with a demonic seal carved into their flesh. The tables have turned. The hunter is being hunted. Fortunately, Lyn lives with her number one suspect. 

Never Save a Demon is the first book in the Daughter of Eve series. If you like young, fresh urban fantasy with a kickass heroine, lots of goofy comedy, and a complicated paranormal romance, then you’ll love this new page-turner by award-winning author J.D. Brown. 

Perfect for fans of Darynda Jones, Illona Andrews, and Izzy Shows. 

Grab your copy today and get slaying! 

My Thoughts:

This was an interesting start to a new series. I found the banter between the characters amusing and found myself smiling at how fun they were. As firsts in a series go, this wasn't bad. It kept my attention. I do prefer tougher heroines but this one was ok. I will probably read the next book as I do enjoy books by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment