Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Review: Immurement

Immurement Immurement by Norma Hinkens
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

The Sweepers are coming. The hunt for humankind begins. 

The year is 2069. Sixteen-year-old Derry and her brother live in perpetual fear of capture. They survive underground on a post-apocalyptic earth overrun by gangs and clones, and hunted overhead by mysterious hoverships. When her brother goes missing, Derry’s only hope of finding him is to strike a deal with a group of cutthroat subversives. Desperate to save her only sibling, she leads a daring raid to uncover the secrets behind the Sweepers’ hoverships, but she soon finds out the world she knows is a lie. 

Keeping her brother alive may require trusting her enemy and opening her heart to someone scarcely human. 

Immurement is the first book in The Undergrounders Series, a sci-fi dystopian thriller trilogy with a gritty heroine and twists you won’t see coming!

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed this dystopian tale. It was action packed and full of adventure. I enjoyed learning about this new society and all its crazy inhabitants. Some of the revelations are jaw dropping as the MC learns what is really happening to the people who disappear. I am interested in knowing what happens next so I will be reading more of this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment