Wednesday, August 1, 2018

*Author Spotlight* Alexandra Engellmann

So I was sitting here thinking about a series of books I started a few years ago. Sky Ghosts. So I decided to pull up the author's books and see if she had anything new. Unfortunately, it seems that she hasn't written any more. I read these books in 2015 and I still remember them and want to read more. I decided to spotlight her today in an attempt to bring a little attention to an author that is not well-known. She is definitely an undiscovered gem in the world of Fantasy books.

Sky Ghosts: The Night Before book 0.5

Free on Amazon, Smashwords, Nook, Kobo, Wattpad, and Free-ebooks.net! Click "Read Book" to read on Goodreads.

For centuries, Sky Ghosts have been hiding their differences from humans, living among them in secret. Their powers, skills, and the gift of flight turned them into the best protectors the human elite could ever have. But for every one of them who believes in fair work and duty, there are ten more who use their power to prey on the weak and avoid justice. They're called Sky Beasts, and the war between them and the New York Sky Ghosts Headquarters has reached a fevered pitch.
Patricia aka Pain is known as the “kill first, ask questions later” kind of girl. An urban legend at twenty-one, she helps to secure the Headquarters’ future in her own way - by slaughtering Beasts in between working bodyguard jobs. When a certain gang leader resurfaces on the gloomy Brooklyn outskirts, she makes a plan, which includes her big sword, her best friend, and good old improvisation.
There’s only one minor detail - it all sounds too good to not be a trap.

Sky Ghosts: The Night Before is a short story that serves as a free preview to the Sky Ghosts series.

Perfect for fans of Suicide Squad and Deadpool, The Avengers, Buffy and all things Joss Whedon, Batman, X-Men, and Arrow

Warning: the book contains strong language, graphic violence, and unhealthy doses of black humor


My Thoughts:
This is the prequel to the Sky Ghosts series. I read books 1 & 1.5 first since they were out first. I really love this series. Pain is my favorite type of heroine. She is a strong female with an awesome personality. She is snarky and I find myself laughing at the things she says and does. I love how the book opens up. It took me a second to realize who she was talking to and then I couldn't help but laugh. It was so typical of this character but still so totally unexpected. I really wish the story was longer but I loved it! I can't wait to see what the author comes up with next.




Sky Ghosts: All for One book 1

For centuries, Sky Ghosts have been hiding their differences from humans, living among them in secret. Their powers, skills, and the gift of flight made them the best protectors the human elite could ever have. But for every one of them who believes in fair work and duty, there are ten more who use their power to prey on the weak and avoid justice. They're called Sky Beasts, and the war between them and the New York Sky Ghosts Headquarters has reached a fevered pitch.

Patricia aka Pain is known as the “kill first, ask questions later” kind of girl. An urban legend at twenty-one, she helps to secure the Headquarters’ future in her own way - by slaughtering Beasts in between working bodyguard jobs.

Until they show up. The two human boys who turn the life at the Headquarters upside down. Suddenly, they have a chance to destroy their oldest enemy, and the boys are the key. Pain would’ve been fine with that if it wasn't her and her sister Jane who’ve been assigned to protect the annoying humans.

If the Beasts don't kill them, she might just do it herself.


Sky Ghosts is a dark-humored Urban Fantasy series for adults and young adults with a strong female lead.

My Thoughts:
The title is what drew my interest right away. Then I started reading and it wasn't anything like I expected. The Sky Ghosts are people with extraordinary powers. They can fly, are stronger than humans and can heal themselves. The Sky Ghosts are basically your good guys who protect humans and the Sky Beasts are your basic bad guys. 

Pain and Jane rescue two humans, Dave & Chad from the Sky Beasts. The Sky Beasts want them bad and the Sky Ghosts, Dave & Chad have no idea why. This is where the never-ending action begins. 

My favorite thing about this book is that there is a kick-ass girl as the main character. Guys seriously want to steer clear of Pain! 

I am definitely looking forward to reading more in this series. I really hope we get to see it from other character's perspectives in some of the other books.



Sky Ghosts: Marco book 1.5

It was hate at first sight. She broke chairs on his head, and in return, he broke her bones.

When Marco joined the New York Sky Ghosts Headquarters, he expected trouble. What he didn’t expect was a girl half his size that turned his life into hell. They spilled too much of each other’s blood for any hope for reconciliation.

Who knew that years later, they would be inseparable?


Sky Ghosts is a dark-humored Urban Fantasy series for adults and young adults with a strong female lead.


My Thoughts:


I loved this book. It explains the bond between Pain and Marco. I really loved the insight into Marco and what makes him the way he is.

Overall:

I would definitely say that I am a fan of this author. I truly wish that she would write another book as I enjoy her work immensely. Her books are available on Kindle Unlimited so take a chance on this unknown writer. With 4 and 5 start reviews, you can't go wrong. 

Check out this Author here

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment